Change. Transition. Move. Passage. AVARAH. A very old, Hebrew word that defines what we go through when things change. And, most importantly for me, the new name of my business – a consulting and coaching company that helps people and organizations manage their way through transition.
Here are just a few of the transitions that I have been through since I last posted on this blog (formerly “Life’s Work”):
- Left a secure career with a good company after 20 years
- Started a new DREAM job with a BIG company
- Began a weekly commute away from home and lived by myself for the first time in my life – except for weekends!
- Took on responsibilities I never had before, learned an incredible amount and grew more than I thought was possible.
- Got laid off from the dream job.
- Found another job.
- Waved good-bye as one child moved across the country
- Waved good-bye as another child left home for college
- Became an empty-nester
- Moved my father into our home, then moved him out and into his new home 4 months later
- Decided I had to leave my job and…
Here I am, back to doing what I have always loved best. Writing, consulting, coaching and speaking. I’m starting fresh with my own business, just like I’ve said I wanted to for the longest time. It’s not just a side-gig. It’s not just for some extra income. This is for real. It’s definitely up there in the top 5 transitions of my life.
There’s one thing I’m 100% clear on. I can help you through your transitions because I know how to do this. I know how to do this personally and I know how to do this professionally. In business, I’ve been called a change agent. On a personal level, I’ve been through more change than most – the list above is just a glimpse at the last 2.5 years.
Keeping checking back here for tips on transitioning to a new job, how to dispel your fears, getting support, and for stories of people who’ve made transitions successfully. I look forward to growing with you!